In SESE this week, we are learning about water.
Water Conservation Tips
Using a plug ,put water in the sink for cleaning paint and yogurt pots during the day .
- Use the small button on the toilet when possible.
- Check for dripping taps .
- Check for leaks in toilets .
- Put a litre bottle of water in the toilet cistern.
- don’t run the water when brushing teeth .
- Have a shower not a bath.
- Only use the washing machine when it’s full.
- Only use the dishwasher when it is full.
- Use a basin or plug when washing fruit and vegetables .
- Don’t use hoses,
- Keep a jug of water in the tap so it’s always cold and you don’t need to run it.
The Water Cycle
We enjoyed creating a ‘water’ themed TV advert whereby we try to persuade aliens to visit an Earth with no water! It was a tricky job to convince aliens to visit us and it helped us understand how water forms such a large part of our lives. In the place of water, we now have chocolate showers, we cool down in 7-up springs and use a finger tooth brush amongst other inventive ideas!